The Jean Chartron estate has been tending to some of the most sought after parcels in Burgundy since 1859 after being founded in Jean-Edouard Dupard – who oversaw as mayor of Puligny the addition of the famous vineyard, Montrachet, to the name of the village in 1873. Dupard’s daughter, Eugenie, brought the vines are her dowry when she married Jean-Edmond Chartron and thus the Dupard-Chartron alliance was formed and immortalised in the stone doorways over the vineyards. Today brother and sister Jean-Michel and Anne-Laure, the fifth generation, manage the estate. The Jean Chartron estate encompasses 14.5 hectares of organically farmed vineyards across the Cote de Beaune and the Cote Chalonnaise and produces some of the finest expressions of local terroirs.
Tradition and the environment are at the heart of everything done at Domaine Jean Chartron. With an average age of 40 years, the vineyards are tended to with the utmost care throughout the seasons – from meticulous work of the soil and management of the sap flow during pruning, to a carefully planned plantation policy which ensures both the quality and quantity produced from each site. All of the wines they produce are vinified, aged and preserved in oak barrels in the domaine’s cellars.