Founded in 1731 by Michel Bouchard, this domaine is one of the oldest estates in Burgundy. Throughout their history the Bouchard family continuously sought to acquire the very best plots in the leading villages; today they have 130 hectares in the Cote d’Or, spread between 74 Premier Cru and 12 Grand Cru sites, making them the largest vineyard owners in the Cote d’Or. In 1820, Bernard Bouchard bought the Chateau de Beaune – a 15th Century fortress built by King Louis XI.

In 1995 the domaine entered a new chapter in its history as it was purchased by the Champagne House, Joseph Henriot. With the impressive financial backing from this historic Champagne estate, the wines produced by Bouchard Pere et Fils have gone from strength to strength in recent years. Henriot was determined to uphold the reputation of the Bouchard Pere et Fils domaine as one of the greatest wineries in Burgundy, if not the world. He continued to invest in the vineyards and also restored the Chateau de Beaune. The Chateau is now a fitting home for the thousands of historic bottles held in the cellars, including the estate’s oldest wine, an 1846 Meursault Charmes.

With the domaine’s mosaic of 450 different vineyards being picked by hand during the harvest, attention to detail and understanding of the vines continues to allow the full potential of the wines to be expressed. In 2005, the domaine built the state of the art St Vincent winery. Here, over 100 different wines are vinified and the grapes are transferred by gravity into maceration tanks or presses. The winery’s cellar has capacity for 4,000 oak barrels where many of the domaine’s wines are kept to mature.

Available Wines