Chateau Pape Clement 2015 – 95-97 Pts Wine Advocate
12×75 – £620 EP
6×75 – £310 EP
IG Wines offer a choice of bottling for en primeur orders, see below.
‘Best young Pape Clément I have tasted. Grows in the glass.’ James Suckling
‘This comes highly recommended’ Neal Martin
En Primeur Expected Spring 2018
Chateau Pape Clement have just released their 2015 effort, which has been awarded an exceptional 95-97 points from the Wine Advocate and 97-98 points from James Suckling! Today’s release price of £620 per case of 12 offers incredible value, £485 (44%) lower than the 95 point scoring 2009, £635 (51%) lower than the 98 scoring 2005 and 60%, £935 lower than the 100 point scoring 2010.
This continues Pape Clement’s pricing strategy, which offers collectors and wine investors a big incentive to buy on release. This positive pricing platform and continuously high quality means Pape Clement’s brand and prices are rising. Since the release of the 2014 vintage 12 months ago, Pape Clement’s last 10 vintages have increased 9% on average. In 2015 Pessac-Leognan stands out, with its higher preponderance of Merlot and we advise buying the leading wines from the region. The quality and price of the Pape Clement makes it a very strong buy and it is a wine worth securing en primeur. At £51 per bottle and with 95-97 points from the Wine Advocate, Pape Clement is a must own wine!
Jean-Baptiste Clerc assumed ownership in 1858 and the Chateau flourished, commanding the same prices as the Medoc’s Second Growth wines. After a long period of decline, Paul Montagne purchased the ailing estate in 1939 and in partnership with winemaker Emile Peynaud managed to turn its fortunes around. Since 1985, the property has been producing top class wines under Montagne’s son and Bernard Magrez with the famous Michel Rolland as a consultant.
Also released and available:
- Beychevelle 2015, £530, 12x75cl – 92-94 Pts
- Fombrauge 2015, £170, 12x75cl – 94-95 Pts
- Gazin 2015, £470, 12x75cl – 96 Pts
- Chasse Spleen 2015 £205, 12x75cl – 94-95 Pts
- Guiraud 2015, £315, 12x75cl – 96-97 Pts
- Coutet 2015, £280, 12x75cl – 94-97 Pts
- Doisy Vedrines 2015 £245, 12x75cl – 95-96 Pts
James Suckling, 97-98 Points
Shows amazing depth of fruit with fabulous polish and length. Electric acidity. Full body, very integrated and refined tannins. Phenolic finesse shows here. Great finish. It lasts for minutes. Best young Pape Clément I have tasted. Grows in the glass.
Neal Martin, 95-97 Points
The 2015 Pape Clement is a blend of 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 4% Cabernet Franc. It was cropped at 40 hl/ha between 25 September and 15 October with berry by berry destemming. It has a drop-dead gorgeous bouquet that continues the ever greater finesse that has been imparted into this Pape-Clément in recent years. It is extremely precise, almost crystalline. The palate is underpinned by fine tannin, pitch-perfect acidity, a sense of cohesion and harmony that is outstanding. There is not a hair out of place on this barrel sample and it will doubtless evolve into one of the best wines this state has produced since the 14th century, when Bertrand de Goth was planting its first vines. This comes highly recommended – a Pape-Clément that will reward those who can resist temptation and cellar this wine for 10+ years. Tasted on four separate occasions.
To buy this wine please reply to this email or telephone +44 (0)203 195 8055. Offer subject to availability.
En Primeur – Why buy through IG Wines:
- We only work with the largest and best financed negociants in Bordeaux
- We guarantee delivery of all wines purchased en primeur
- We are owned one third by a large family office and very well-financed
- Since our foundation in 2011 we have grown our client base to over 1,500 private clients in ten different countries
IG Wines offer a choice of bottling for en primeur orders:
- Bottles (12x75cl or 6x75cl) – No Charge
- Halves (12×37.5cl or 24×37.5cl) – £12.00 per case
- Magnums (6x150cl or 3x150cl) – £7.00 per case
- Double Magnums (3 x 300cl) – £50.00 per case
- Imperials (1 x 600cl) – £25.00 each
To buy this wine click here.